ENJOY THE POWER & BEAUTY OF YOUR YOUTH.


Tuesday

Be Couragious... No Bull

In 2007 I needed to take one last Spanish class to graduate from SCSU. I decided, if I need ONE Spanish class, I'm NOT going to take it sweating over the summer in New Haven. I've always wanted to fly out somewhere to study but just never had the guts.

So I gathered up the courage to enroll in a summer program in Salamanca, Spain knowing noone. While I was there I met some amazing people, some that I still talk to every day to this day (hola!). One night over some vino, a few of those crazy people mentioned Running With the Bulls; a festival that lasts for 9 days in Pamplona, Spain. A non stop party that starts every morning at 5am with thousands of people being chased after 6 gigantic bulls, triple the size of you. They explained it as the craziest, wildest, scariest thing anyone can experience. I knew right then and there that I needed to do it. I mean, I came this far, right?!??!


This picture was taken RIGHT after I ran. I did it, it was awesome, it was intense, I saw some one break both of their legs at the same time, but the rush I got from doing it was indescribable. (Like when you're driving and suddenly there's a cop behind you and you get so nervous for no reason no matter what, then once they pass you're like AW, NO BIG DEAL!!!!!!!)

The reason I am bringing this up, is because SPRING and SUMMER are coming. There are goals that you all have, things you thought about doing but were too nervous to carry out. Projects you wanted to start but put to the side. DO IT. WRITE IT. START IT. FINISH IT. ANYTHING you have wanted to do; travel, read a book, write a book, interview for a dream job, start a club, join a group, learn how to surf (my next goal).... ANYTHING. Anything you want to do, try it. New year, new beginnings, new story.

What is something you have ALWAYS dreamed of doing but never had the guts to do???